Welcome to Week Five!
In a few days we will sail into the month of October. We arrive at this date on the calendar by no accident. The work and support that all of us are doing…at home and at school…is what is keeping the school doors open for hybrid learning. Let’s be aware of complacency and re-double our efforts to keep everyone healthy. Your children are doing a good job at following the rules and protocols while at school. We will thank... More
Growth Through Mindfulness
What your child learned last week:
● Reviewed Anchoring ourselves through our Breath.
● Revisited the Mindfulness Jar and settling our swirling emotions.
● Remembered the Monkey Mind amygdala and the Wise Owl prefrontal cortex.
● Read Visiting Feelings by Lauren Rubenstein and talked about the roller-coaster nature of feelings.
● Discussed getting comfortable with all our emotions so that we can bend without breaking under them.
Join your child in our Mindfulness Challenge of the week:
This week your Mindfulness Challenge... More
West School Car Line Procedures 2020-21
Welcome to West School: On the first day of school all third-graders and new fourth-graders, will be instructed on the safe way to enter and exit cars in our car line. Students will be taught to enter and exit cars on the curbside. For the West School Car Line, this means that students will enter and exit cars on the driver’s side of the car, which will be the curbside. Please be mindful of our neighbors... More
Frequently Asked Questions
We appreciate the many questions which have been shared regarding our plans for the opening of the 2020-2021 school year. In order to more thoroughly address these, we have prepared a Frequently Asked Questions document. This reflects the latest information from CDC and the Illinois State Board of Education as of July 26, 2020. We will continue to update this as additional information is shared to guide our planning.