Tips For a Great, “Green” Halloween!
1. Make your own costume from things around the house.
2. Purchase non-toxic or hypoallergenic cosmetics.
3. Trade costumes with a friend, start a “costume closet” to share.
4. Buy treats with minimal packaging - or give pencils, erasers or money.
5. Use a reusable Trick or Treat bag or pillowcase.
6. Don’t be a litter bug.
7. Stay local to trick-or-treat, bike, wagon or carpool.
8. Use rechargeable batteries in your flashlight for trick-or-treating.
9. Don’t throw away the pumpkin seeds - bake and eat, or feed the birds.
10. Compost your old pumpkins.
11. Keep Halloween decorations so you don’t need to repurchase .
12. If you are hosting a Halloween party, use reusable dishes, tableware, cups napkins, etc. Serve from a pitcher instead of individual bottles and cans.